Linguini with California Walnut Lemon Cream Sauce
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup whipping cream 250mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel 5mL
- 1lb linguini uncooked 500mL
- 2 tbsp butter 30mL
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms 375mL
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted California walnuts 75mL
- 2 tbsp, Grated Santa Lucia Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Santa Lucia Mozzarella Fior’ di Latte 125mL
- 30mL salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 30mL
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In small saucepan, stir together whipping cream and lemon peel; simmer until cream is reduced by one third, about 15 minutes.
- Mean while, in large skillet, melt butter; saute muchrooms.
- Drain pasta and combine with cream, muchrooms, walnuts and cheeses; toss lightly.
- Add salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley.