Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups cooked U.S. short or medium grain rice 500mL
- 1/2 cup Santa Lucia Grated Parmesan Cheese 125mL
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto 50mL
- 1/2 cup sliced Santa Lucia Mozzarella 125mL
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms 125mL
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions 30mL
- In bowl, combine rice, cheese and egg.
- Press onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet to form an 8-inch (20cm) circle.
- Spread with prepared pesto and top with mozzarella slices, tomato, muchrooms and green onions.
- Bake at 400F (200C) until toppings are cooked, cheese is golden and bubbly and outer crust is crisp on the edges, about 15 minutes.